Update April 2018 is now online!
Dear HuntersMapp friends,
first of all we would like to thank you for the various feedback and the suggestions for further functions in the HuntersMapp! Many will find their ideas and suggestions in the update. We ask everyone whose tips have not yet been implemented in this update for their patience and understanding. Unfortunately, we will not be able to satisfy all your wishes, but we will check each of your wishes for feasibility, practicality and economy. The realization is made in accordance with periodization and budget.
Besides a lot of functional enhancements (see below) and a few bug fixes we have improved the usability of the HuntersMapp significantly! Among other things, there is now a search window in the group chat, the capture of the wind definition of the lookouts is more self-explanatory, there is a separate menu item for driven hunts and you don’t have to plan and start hunts via the group chat, if you have forgotten your password, you can now reset it directly during login yourself, the image display in the group chat has been significantly accelerated, and and and…
An overview of key functional enhancements:
- Introduction of an own HuntersMapp – Cloud (data backup and data recovery, using and editing HuntersMapp data on different devices)
- Introduction of peer-to-peer communication (without wireless hardware). Here you can communicate with each other in the future, e.g. during a driven hunt, even without public networks. Note: If you move further than 50 m (bad conditions) – approx. 100 m (optimal conditions) from the network, the connection will be disconnected. A significant improvement will follow with the HuntersMapp wireless hardware in 2019, increasing the range to about 1 km, even in bad conditions.
- Introduction of filter functions in the Augmented Reality Module (AR) for the Territories and in the LiveHunt (driven hunt with the HuntersMapp). For example, you can now select in the LiveHunt which status you want to see via AR or whether you only want to see the drivers during the LiveHunt or only the dog handlers etc. or exactly one participating person via AR.
- In the single and group chat (HuntersMapp – Messenger) you can now send your hunting diary entries (e.g. sightings, kills or also found fall game) as well as any locations to hunting friends by selection on the map, in addition to text, pictures, your own location and your hunting grounds.
- From the HuntersMapp – address-book you can now invite your friends directly to the HuntersMapp.
- Expansion of the hunting diary: Here we have added additional fields (shooting distance, further possibilities of location recording, e.g. manual selection of the location on the map by simply tapping) and additionally you can select your used equipment like weapon, ammunition, rifle scope,… and select them if required.
- Offline maps are now always accessed in the territory module, of course only if you have previously downloaded them in the territory list. It is recommended to update the maps once a year by downloading them again in order to have the most up-to-date maps available.
- The HuntersMapp remembers your online verification for several days after the update, so that you are authorized for all functions even without internet access.
- New landmark selection in the territory module: pulpit closed, pulpit open, earth seat open, earth seat closed, earth seat mobile, raised hide ladder, raised hide ladder with roof, driven hunt seat, driven hunt stand, mobile pulpit, hunting cabin, meeting point, meeting place, wallow, … and much more.
- Additions to the weather module
- Revision of the territory display: In display mode, you can now only see the boundary line and no boundary stones. By tapping on the landmarks you get a small immediate info in the territory map faded in.
- Additional languages: French, Italian and Czech
We wish you a lot of fun with the new functions!
Your HuntersMapp Team